When I offset had to go gluten free 12 years ago I honestly felt similar a social leper. Wheat and gluten were in EVERYTHING. I cried a couple of times. I hated going out. All my hospo mates thought I was just a weep infant fuss pot. Yum cha was a regular Sunday thing with friends and all all of a sudden I had to explicate why I couldn't consume anything. I stopped going. I'thou fine now – great even. Maybe twice a year I'd love to hook into a really good croissant merely really? All is well in my gluten free world. How almost y'all if it's something you're allergic to?

I missed dumplings for YEARS. They're something I just love every bit a treat. A couple of years ago Gold Pig Co launched and I love getting those now on occasion. Something in me just wanted to crack existence able to make my own and this night, I did that. I'thousand pretty happy with these as was the family unit.

Allow yourself an hour from get-go to terminate. Serves iv. Makes about xxx dumplings. I served it with a side of broccolini sautéed in FrySafe kokosnoot oil and sprinkled with tamari and a drizzle of honey. Super simple.

Fancy having a go and popping yours on instagram too? Tag me @lowtoxlife so I can meet them!! I recently swapped from using my name, to my business – what I post is near and so much more than me so it just fabricated sense.

Real Food. Happy Bodies. Happy Planet.

white background signature

Gluten Free Steamed Dumplings or Pot Stickers Recipe

Prep Time 1 min

Cook Time 10 mins

Total Time 11 mins

Servings: 30 dumplings

  • one cup tapioca flour
  • three/four cup boiled water (still hot)
  • iii tbsp oil (I used half half olive and sesame)
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Mince filling (you will have enough left to do a batch of meatballs on the side or save for next time. )

  • 700 g pork mince
  • 100 g spring onions
  • 100 g carrots
  • 100 g fresh herbs I used a mix of coriander and mint in equal parts)
  • 1 inch knob ginger (one-half that if little ones are sensitive to strong flavours)
  • 1-2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 tsp sea common salt
  • two tbsp tamari or kokosnoot aminos

For the potstickers cooking (you can as well skip this and merely steam them in a steamer basket)

  • 2 tbsp coconut oil (FrySafe is my favourite brand with the highest fume point.)
  • 1 tsp water for each dumpling
  • For the dough, mix the flours, oil and salt in a bowl while you lot boil the kettle.

  • Then, one time water is boiled, pour out 2/three of the 3/four cup into the basin (keep a petty back for fault in case the flour was slightly under measured.

  • Mix your water into the flour with a fork. Press together the dough into your hands. Does information technology experience like information technology will come together as a thick dough? If it'south nonetheless very dry then add together the rest of the water.

  • Then piece of work the dough into your hands and press, and printing and printing until information technology's a smooth ball a bit the texture of playdough is what y'all're looking for. I notice you get a better consequence when you actually spend time working the dough for a good v minutes, patting down, stretching, rolling etc.

  • Then roll it out into a log and cutting discs of simply under a 1cm thickness and bore of a 20c money.

  • Roll all the dough slices into balls.

  • Leave to residuum ten minutes. On the kitchen bench or board is fine.

  • Mix the spring onion, carrot, herbs, tamari, salt, ginger and garlic all together.

  • And then mix that through the pork mince super well until fully mixed.

  • At present catch a sheet of parchment paper / wax paper and lightly grit with tapioca flour and fold in half.

  • Then, pop ii little balls betwixt the sheets and roll (yous can do one at a time – I just got a scrap cocky and started doing two at a time. I even tried 3 merely that didn't piece of work out and then well!) roll them gently ane manner and and then rotate the paper, until you lot take a circular-ish, very flat fiddling disc. Pop a piffling ball of dumpling in the heart, fold 2 edges over each other and so press the sides in and pinch – I'm going to have to practise a video tutorial for that methinks but for now, just be rustic, similar me! TIP: If you over fill information technology, you will be stretching the dough beyond it'southward ability to stretch so but go along it to a modest amount of filling so that the dough easily folds over and you lot're able to pinch it together well.

  • Exercise it again and again until you have them all rolled and ready to go.

  • Then estrus coconut oil in a carbon plus / Black steel or ceramic not stick pan on HIGH – yous'll most probably need ii pans to get them all cooked at one time.

  • Place all the dumplings in the pan. Add the water and so cover with a chapeau. If yous don't have lids that fit your pans, just use a foil cover. Lower the oestrus now to medium-high

  • The idea is that you lot steam the whole dumpling except for the lesser that gets a chewy, crispy crust underneath. Melt time? x minutes or thereabouts. But check at effectually 8 minutes that the bottoms of the dumplings aren't burning.

  • Once they're cooked y'all're done and despite a piffling chip of resistance, they should be more or less able to elevator out of the pan with a little pocketknife under a couple of them, you make well accept to do! Utilize the time that the dumplings are cooking to whip up some groovy veggies like broccolini tamari, chilli and lemon.

  • I like serving the dumplings with a sauce of four tbsp mirin, 4tbsp tamari and sliced chilli if you lot're that way inclined.

  • If you have any clarifications needed on this recipe, just pop it in the comments,

I hope you lot enjoy them as much as nosotros did this night. I'm looking forward to them over again in the almost future. Adjacent time I'll also attempt to freeze some.